The 2018 holiday season is here, and most of us are more than ready to spend some quality time with our friends and family in our cozy Pennsylvania home.
Discovering that your heating equipment has “taken a holiday” is never good news – but it’s especially bad when it happens on your holiday. If your heat goes down, don’t panic – Walton has you covered with emergency heating system service.
But before you contact us for service, it pays to take a few minutes to do a little detective work with your heating system; you may find that your problem can be fixed without professional help.
If you have no heat, try these five things before contacting us for service:
- Check the fuel level in your heating oil tank – if you are out of heating oil, contact us right away for an emergency heating oil delivery.
- Make sure all switches associated with your heating system are set for “on” or “start.”
- Check for tripped breakers and blown fuses on the circuit that powers your heating system.
- Make sure your thermostat is set for five degrees warmer than the current room temperature, and that it is set to the “heat” or “warm” setting.
- Press the reset button on your oil burner – but only do it once. Every time you hit the reset button and the burner doesn’t ignite, you are pumping oil into the combustion chamber of your furnace, which can be dangerous.
If your heating system still isn’t working after taking these steps, contact us for service – we will get to the root of the problem quickly and get your heat going again as soon as possible.
Season’s Greetings to our PA neighbors!