The Many Uses of Propane
Think propane is just for grilling? Think again. Clean, green propane is about the most versatile energy source around, able to power just about any home comfort appliance inside or outside your Pennsylvania home.
Here are 10 of the best ways to use propane gas to power better quality of life for you and your family:
Propane Home Appliances
- Outdoor living – Transform your backyard into your family’s favorite gathering spot by adding a propane-powered outdoor kitchen, an outdoor propane fireplace or fire pit, a propane patio heater or propane lighting.
- Pool heaters – Swim on cool mornings and evenings and extend your pool season by several weeks with a propane pool heater. Electric or solar heaters can’t touch propane and its water heating power.
- Propane gas grills – Nothing beats the precision temperature control of a propane cooking grill. Portable and built-in outdoor propane gas grills heat fast and burn clean, with no charcoal residue and no ash to clean up.
- Furnaces and boilers – Investing in a high efficiency propane furnace or boiler could pay for itself in just a few years by providing heat faster and more efficiently. Propane heating systems last longer, too – typically about eight years longer than electric heat pumps.
- Propane hearths – A propane fireplace will give you the beauty and convenience of a wood fire without the set-up or clean up headaches. It’s also 5-6 times more efficient than its wood-burning counterparts, cost less to maintain, and doesn’t cause a dangerous buildup of creosote in your chimney.
- Water Heaters – High-efficiency propane gas water heaters cost up to 30 percent less to operate than electric heaters, with a recovery rate that’s nearly twice as fast. Choose a propane tankless water heater and you’ll get unlimited hot water while saving even more money on your bills.
- Backup generators – A power outage can be inconvenient or even dangerous to your family. Whole-house propane generators can help keep your family safe and comfortable and your house and valuables protected.
- Cooktops and ranges – More than nine out of ten professional chefs cook with gas rather than electric – for good reasons. With precision temperature control and more even heat distribution, nothing beats a propane oven and range.
- Clothes dryers – Propane produces more heat than electricity, which means your propane dryer will run about twice as efficiently as an electric dryer. By producing less static, they also cause less wear and tear on fabrics.
Considering a propane conversion, or installing propane equipment in your newly built or purchased home? We can help. Contact us today for expert propane delivery, propane maintenance, and propane installations in Montgomery and Bucks counties from the pros at Clyde S. Walton.
Please note: At Clyde S. Walton, your safety and comfort are always our priority. Please see our COVID-19 Service Update Page to learn more about how we are working to keep your family and our crews safe, your home comfort equipment working, and your heating oil and propane deliveries coming during this challenging time.