Most people call us immediately when they discover their heat is off.
Some companies might just put you in the service queue. But “good service” doesn’t always involve a service call; sometimes there’s a simple fix you can do yourself that will get your heat going quickly and save you the expense of a service visit.
If you lose your heat, follow these steps before you call us:
- Check the fuel level in your tank.
- Be sure all emergency valves or switches are in their “ON” or start positions.
- Check fuses or circuit breakers.
- Make sure your thermostat is set above room temperature and to HEAT. (For warm air systems, if you adjust the thermostat and the fan doesn’t go on, this usually means your burner is not igniting.)
- Press the reset button on the burner ONCE ONLY.
Make no mistake: “No-heat” calls are a top priority for us. Once we have determined that a service call is required, we will get someone to your home as soon as possible.
At Walton, your comfort is our top priority. You’re important to us!
For more information, visit our troubleshooting page.