Depend on Walton for heating oil tank installations and heating tank replacement
There are many misconceptions about oil storage tanks. Tanks can last for decades but, like other long-lasting durable components of your home, eventually need to be replaced. If it’s time to replace your aboveground storage tank, you should know that today’s tanks are marvels of technology, designed to last for decades.
There are many new options that can benefit the homeowner.
List of benefits follows:
- With an oil storage tank on your property, you always have a supply on hand.
- With a tank, you pay for the fuel that’s delivered to you — no estimates, no questions.
- There are no federal regulations requiring underground oil tanks to be removed if there is no leak.
- Advances in technology have resulted in the manufacture of tanks made from corrosion-resistant materials.
Keep baseboards and vents clear of rugs and furniture. If you have more questions about heating oil tanks, contact us. We will be able to address any of your concerns.
Granby EcoGuard Tank
- 100% safe. EcoGuard double bottom system with leak detection system.
- Responds to environmental concerns and requirements.
- Up to a 25-year warranty.
Common heating oil tank questions and answers
- Where should I put my new aboveground tank?
Because heating oil is biodegradable and safe to store inside the home, you can put your new leak-proof tank in a basement, closet or garage. You can also put it outside, near your house, garage, or outdoor space.
- What options do I have for testing my underground tank?
Pressure or vacuum tests are reliable, but they can put stress on the tank; if improperly performed, they can also cause leaks. Computerized sonic or ultrasound methods are gaining popularity because they don’t put stress on the tank. Another method is to test the soil around the tank; soil borings are noninvasive and, in our area, tend to be less expensive than other test methods.
- Are underground tanks subject to federal regulations?
No, there are no current federal laws governing active, underground, residential storage tanks for heating oil.
For more questions and answers about your home comfort equipment, visit our FAQ section.
Click here to see our current specials.
Walton, serving Lansdale, Abington, Norristown, Warminster, Warrington, Horsham, West Norriton and surrounding towns in Montgomery and Bucks counties.